Tuesday, December 23, 2014

New Year intentions

We just spent 4 days camping with no access to phones, internet or electricity. It was bliss! My mind felt quiet without anywhere to rush to. My body felt a sigh of relief that it wasn't being pushed or pressured to go anywhere or do anything. The quiet allowed a peace and clarity that isn't always easy to maintain in the day to day of busy life.

One of my 2015 intentions is to remember this feeling of quiet and to live from it more often, returning to it each time I recognise I'm not in it. I, along with many of you, have been in one way or other working toward living from this space for decades. Like you I'm sure, I've had times where it's clicked and I'm flowing along with inner peace, and times where the inner terrain is more rugged.

As I wrote recently, our evolutionary journey is a spiral, not a straight line so I'm not going to set myself up on a 24/7 inner peace pedestal that I will fall off for sure a few hours in, but....to aim for it more often. Yes that I can do. It feels essential for my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.

What are your intentions for the New Year?


(C) Dana Mrkich 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment